Posts available: 1.
Salary: £22,000 per annum.
Hours per week: 35 hours / 1 FTE.
Days per week: Across 7 days on a rota basis, Monday – Sunday.
Reporting to: Facilities Manager.
Location: Calderstones Park, Liverpool, L18 3JB.
The Reader is a national charity that wants to bring about a Reading Revolution so that everyone can experience and enjoy great literature, which they believe is a tool for helping humans survive and live well. By reading with school groups, families, adults, looked after children, older people in care homes, adults with physical and/or mental health conditions, people coping with or recovering from addiction and individuals in the criminal justice system, their work is helping to improve wellbeing, reduce isolation and build stronger communities.
The Facilities Coordinator is a key part of The Reader’s sites team. You will have held a similar role in the commercial, social enterprise or charitable sector and be able to demonstrate how this experience will translate to this new role. You will need to be flexible and willing to work with the whole team to solve problems they encounter as they grow. You will have a good level of physical aptitude for maintenance tasks. You’ll be able to demonstrate your adaptability and willingness to learn.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bring a sound knowledge and understanding of The Reader’s work
- Broad knowledge of maintenance matters, methods, tools and materials, and a desire to learn more
- Represent the organization as a point of contact for external contractors, including critically assessing approaches to work and assessing quality
- Provide a strong aptitude for creative thinking and solo and group problem solving
- Provide an excellent eye for re-use opportunities and good environmental consciousness
- High level of flexibility and the resilience to be pulled in different directions at short notice.
- Provide response in emergencies, such as unplanned escape of water, including outside of normal business hours, working with other colleagues from across the site teams. This may include contributing to an on-call rota.
- Support the organisation’s compliance with legislation and guidelines relevant to how they run their site, taking ownership of processes where required by the team.
- Trustworthy, honest, hard-working and reliable
- A team player – able to maintain own morale and support others to do the same in difficult circumstances
- Flexible, and able to change focus rapidly
- Well organised with an ability to work under pressure
- Experience in record keeping and development
- Experience in supervising others in their work
- Experience of working at height
- Experience of working in confined spaces
- Experience of working with hazardous material
- Experience of working with power tools
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Excellent practical skills and aptitude.
- Good basic IT Skills
- IOSH Qualified.
Contact Details: email@example.com.
To read the full job description and to apply, please visit The Reader’s website.
Deadline: 5 pm on Friday 5 July 2022.
Interviews: July 2022.Back to blog