Arts Administration Internship – Reading Resources
Hours: 21 hours per week (flexible – to be agreed upon appointment)
Remuneration: Travel expenses paid and sustenance
Contract: April to July 2017
You will be part of a small group of interns working together to gain valuable work experience whilst helping a dynamic charity/social enterprise develop. You will work predominantly with the Head of Reading Excellence and Specialist Practice Mentor, although there will also be opportunities to visit and communicate with other operational teams.
During your time in this position you will:
- Develop and coordinate a plan for sending out books to volunteer Reader Leaders across the country
- Maintain a centralised cataloguing and checking out system for books and help to maintain a system for storing hard copies of stories and poems
- Support admin volunteers
- Contribute to the ongoing task of centralising electronic copies of short stories and poems held by The Reader in one site, making these accessible to all staff
- Help to grow the online resource, for example by writing and adding to existing story summaries
- Contribute to the development of further Reader anthologies, building on the momentum created by the ‘A Little Aloud’ series
- Help to grow the Reader video library by preparing files for upload
To apply, visit www.thereader.org.uk and click on the ‘Working with Us’ tab to view the full job description and to download an application form. Complete the application form and submit a covering letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this role, to email@example.com. Please do not just send in a CV.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 12 April 2017, 5pm. Applications arriving after 5pm will not be considered.
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 24 April 2017 at Calderstones Coach House
Successful applicants will be invited to interview by Wednesday 19 April 2017. If you have not heard anything by this date, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.Back to blog