Salary: £6.70-£7.20 per hour
Hours: Zero hour contract. Covering 7 days a week. Includes weekend work.
Duration: 6 month contract
This individual will be working within The Reader Café at Calderstones Mansion House. They will work in a team developing and delivering a range of profitable catering offers that work in harmony with The Reader’s ethos and vision.
The café, open seven days a week, provides a quality and affordable offer for the local community in a welcoming environment. It will be the individual’s responsibility to work as part of the team delivering this offer and ensuring that high levels of customer service are maintained.
This is not your typical hospitality role; as well as having relevant catering experience and a passion for working with people, The Reader is looking for someone who cares about the work it carries out. You will be part of a team running a profitable social enterprise that provides an offer of the highest standard to the wider community.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Preparing and presenting food to a high standard (training will be provided)
- Preparing and presenting drinks to a high standard (training will be provided)
- Dealing with customers and ensuring high standards of customer service
- Maintaining the reputation of the charity in your dealings with the public
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Maintaining stock levels whilst on shift.
To apply, visit www.thereader.org.uk and select the ‘Working With Us’ tab where you will be able to view the full job description and download an application form. Please complete the application form and submit a covering letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this role, to email@example.com.
Please do not just send in a CV. Your covering letter is an opportunity for you to include any additional information which could not be explained within the application form.
Deadline for applications: 9am, Tuesday 4 October 2016
A high volume of applications may make replies to everyone impossible.Back to blog