Salary: £7.50 per hour
Hours: Zero hours contract (working pattern covers 9am – 7pm, Monday to Sunday)
Duration: 16 January – 30 April 2017
Based: Liverpool ONE exhibition space, Liverpool City Centre
The Reader Organisation’s Michael Rosen exhibition will be a creative environment in which children can feel thoroughly alive and creative. Books offer children a way to understand the world in which they live and the worlds inside themselves. The exhibition experience must adhere to the high level of excellence expected at site.
- Inspiring young people to love reading and to feel confident and relaxed in the company of books
- Being a lively, engaging, enthusiastic presence in the exhibition, to encourage children to engage as fully as possible with the experience
- Creating an exciting, stimulating environment in the exhibition, to encourage children to make meaningful connections with the texts
- This may involve using props such as puppets, musical instruments and other items to stimulate creative play
- Delivering curriculum-based workshops for school groups in the exhibition
Training and supervision in shared reading and safeguarding practice will be provided.
You must be willing to undertake a DBS check.
To apply, visit www.thereader.org.uk and select the ‘Working with Us’ tab where you will be able to view the full job description and download an application form. Complete the application form and submit a covering letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter is an opportunity for you to include any additional information which could not be explained within the application form. Please do not just send in a CV.
Deadline for applications: 12pm on Monday 19 December 2016. Applications arriving after midday will not be considered.
You will be notified if you are to be called for interview by Friday 23 December 2016. If you have not heard by then, you have been unsuccessful. Volume of applications may make replies to everyone impossible.
Interviews: Thursday 5 January 2017. You may be required to deliver a presentation or complete a task at the interview. If this is the case you will be informed of this when you are invited to interview.
Start Date: Monday 16 January 2016Back to blog