Location: The Reader, Calderstones Park, L18 3JB
Reporting to: The Catering Manager
Hourly Rate: £7.38 – £7.83 per hour
Hours: Minimum 4 hours per week on a rota basis spanning 0800-1800 hours. Working hours will primarily be Monday – Friday. However, there is also a requirement to be able to work weekends.
Duration: fixed term to 30 September 2019
About this post
This role will work across the catering provision of The Reader Group Enterprises, in our café, ice cream parlour, and events. They will work in a team developing and delivering a range of profitable catering offers that work in harmony with The Reader Group’s ethos and vision and consistently delivers a high level of customer service.
The café and ice cream parlour are open seven days a week and provide a quality and affordable offer for the local community in welcoming environments. They are looking for a hard-working, honest person to join their growing Enterprise team. You will be invited to participate fully in the development of our exciting Social Enterprise which offers many opportunities for growth and development.
- To uphold the reputation and values of their organisation when dealing with customers and colleagues.
- To create and maintain a friendly, vibrant, and supportive atmosphere across the enterprises, whilst ensuring high standards of customer service.
- To work as a member of wider Reader Group team through engaging customers in conversations about The Reader Group’s charitable mission and plans for Calderstones.
- To comply with their food safety management system and health and safety requirements, including daily HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) diary entries. Training will be provided.
- To maintain high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of each enterprise.
- Preparing and presenting food and drinks to a high standard. This includes the café’s barista service, breakfast and lunch menu and the parlour’s ice cream offer. (Training will be provided).
- To undertake general duties including till/cashier duties, taking food orders, clearing of tables, washing of dishes, maintaining of stock levels. All duties to be completed in line with their high standards of customer service.
- To work as part of a team to ensure the setting up and closing down procedures are followed efficiently and effectively.
- To provide practical help in the café kitchen and to undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
- To be an active member of the team, undertake training, contribute to team meetings and take responsibility for personal development.
The Reader Enterprises are a key way in which the charity meets the public at Calderstones. Therefore they need staff who are friendly and who have or are able to learn great customer service skills. They are looking for someone who is kind but bold, who can lead others, cares, is willing to work hard and does what it takes to get the job done. You will be a person of integrity, honest, straightforward and able to speak up about things that matter.
- Be willing to learn about and align yourself with their ethos and values. Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the wider work of The Reader Group, and its social values and have a good understanding of the purpose and social mission of The Reader Group at Calderstones
- An interest in working within the catering and hospitality industry and an ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Show enthusiasm and energy and have the ability to use your own initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- A resilient individual with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, dealing professionally with customers and colleagues at all times.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- An individual with a high level of personal integrity and who combines this with good organisational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to be able to work on a rota basis spanning 0800-1800 hours, Monday to Sunday
- A passion for literature.
- Experience of working within the catering and hospitality industry or a similar fast paced environment.
How to Apply
Note: Please do not just send in a CV. They will only consider applications that adhere to the following process:
Visit www.thereader.org.uk and select the ‘Get Involved Section’ where you will be able to view the full job description, recruitment pack and download an application form. Please complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 9am, Thursday 14 March 2019.
A high volume of applications may make replies to everyone impossible.Back to blog