Vacancy Reference Code: 14/2018
Please quote this code on the application form
- Duration: Fixed Term for the month of December 2018
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
- Working Hours/Pattern: This is a part time, flexible role. Working hours may vary each week and will include working weekends and bank holidays to cover opening hours of 1000 to 1700 hours each day.
- Location: Calderstones Park, Liverpool 18. This role is based in Calderstones, a stunning 94 acre family park in South Liverpool boasting woodland, lake and fields, with botanical and historical interest. The Reader are developing the Grade II listed Mansion House into an International Centre for Reading and Wellbeing, welcoming thousands of visitors every year. This December, we will be transforming our gallery space into a magical and captivating winter wonderland grotto.Key Responsibilities
- As a Santa Claus, you will be the grotto’s main attraction! We will rely on you to create a good impression, so above anything else you’ll need to have a good rapport with children and young people and help them feel at ease. Induction and training sessions will be provided for this role and must be completed before the grotto opens to the public.
About This Role
- Maintaining Christmas cheer
- Listening to Christmas wishes
- Greeting visitors in a welcoming and friendly manner
- Maintaining a festive feeling
- Creating a believable Christmas character
- Handing out gifts to children
What you will get out of it
- Opportunities to meet and work with new people
- The opportunity to use existing skills and gain new ones
- The opportunity to spread Christmas cheer
- The opportunity to make a child’s Christmas!
What we expect from you
- Happy to commit your time throughout December (Including weekends)
- Happy to work within The Reader’s ethos and under the supervision of Reader staff
- Have a warm, calm, friendly manner
- Have a responsible approach to health and safety and monitoring
- Happy to undertake any training if necessary
- Feedback any concerns to Reader staff
- Appear appropriately dressed and well presented – Wear your Santa Claus suit with pride!
- A positive approach to the work
- Experience of working with and creating a good rapport with children and young people
- A happy, jolly persona
- Relate well to the public and communicate clearly
- Patience with those who are unable to communicate clearly or less confident
- Represent The Reader in a professional manner
- Able to work according to policies and procedures
- A willingness to undertake a DBS check
- A valid DBS Certificate
How to Apply
- Note. Please do not just send in a CV. We will only consider applications that adhere to the following process –
- Visit www.thereader.org.uk and select the ‘Get Involved Section’ where you will be able to view the full job description and download an application form. Please complete the application form and submit to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Monday 8 October, 9am.
- NB: applications arriving after 9am will not be considered
- A high volume of applications may make replies to everyone impossible. If you have not heard from us by 27 September 2018 then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.