Term: Maternity Cover – Fixed Term until
Hours:35 hours per week across 5 days on a rota basis spanning 0900-1700 hours,
Monday to Sunday.
Salary: £17,000 – £22,000
Location: Calderstones Park, Liverpool, 18
The Storybarn Operations Coordinator will lead and inspire the delivery team, take responsibility for consistent quality of delivery and ensure excellent customer experiences.
This role could be for you if you:
• Are a great deliverer of Storybarn products and can teach others to be so
• Are a good people manager
• Passionately believe in the value of reading for all with a focus on children
• Are flexible, enthusiastic and positive
• Have previous experience of delivery within the Storybarn or similar environment
• Duty management of Storyhunters and additional on-the-ground roles to include, but not limited to, leading the morning briefs, being a point of contact throughout the day (via walkie talkie and face to face discussion), devise a programme of end of day tasks and communicate this to the Storyhunter team.
• With the support of the Children & Young Persons Manager, prepare the weekly Storyhunter rota and respond to short notice changes in demand/staffing levels as they occur to ensure the right number of staff for the delivery at each session. This requires an in depth knowledge of the daily and weekly activities in the Storybarn, utilising the Storybarn Calendar, MONAD and YesPlan systems as a primary source of information.
• Ensuring (at least 2 weeks in advance) that the correct quantities of craft materials are in stock to meet the demands of the upcoming school, family and party visits.
• To support ongoing development of the Storybarn Strategy including whole site developments and links with the Mansion House, evaluation, marketing and content creative development. To be a leading member of the Creative team, contributing ideas and practical suggestions for new session plans.
• To be a member of the ‘on call’ team for the Storybarn (both week day & weekends) to support the covering of cancelled or unattended shifts.
• Birthday Parties: Weekly task of contacting upcoming parties (10 days in advance) to confirm date/time/all details inputted through the electronic form. Communicate the party details on a weekly basis to the relevant members of the Storybarn team and liaise with the catering team to ensure food has been ordered.
• Ensuring all areas of the Storybarn are safe. Reporting all repairs to the onsite facilities team and following up on a regular basis.
• Responsibility for quality control of the Storybarn experience by leading a portion of delivery and working closely with The Reader, Quality team to conduct shared reflections with the Storyhunter team and to take the lead on training, both content and delivery.
• Maintain a high level of customer service for the Storybarn experience and to be first line of response to customer feedback and complaints.
Contact details: Kate Harrison. Click here to visit The Reader’s website for application details.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 18th October 2019Back to blog