This is a voluntary role.
Posts available: 1 – 3.
Reporting to: Elaine Atkins.
Location: Liverpool HQ however, meetings may also take place nationwide.
The Society was formed in 1979 to continue to develop and integrate the approach into musculoskeletal practice through its educational courses – and ultimately to benefit patients.
They provide a complete pathway of postgraduate courses for physiotherapists and medical practitioners that run primarily throughout the UK. Invitations from further afield are always considered though and in recent years they have been invited to run courses in Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Malta, Saudi Arabia and Hong Kong.
The Society has a committed team of tutors who have many years of experience practising musculoskeletal medicine in many different arenas – NHS, sport, private practice and the armed forces. This brings diversity and interest to the courses and ensures a stimulating and varied learning experience.
Their course programme is continually developed and advanced in the light of new evidence and research by their committed and highly experienced team of tutors and researchers.
- ensuring that the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these;
- being responsible for the performance of the charity and for its “corporate” behaviour;
- ensuring that the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
- acting as guardians of the charity’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application; ensuring that the charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
- To be available to attend all scheduled Council meetings.
To discuss the role in greater detail and to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about The Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine, please visit their website.