Term: Full Time.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: National Joint Council (NJC) SCP 11 – 22 (£21,748 – £27,041).
The Whitechapel Centre’s mission is to prevent and resolve homelessness, social exclusion and housing poverty by providing practical, realistic and tailored support. This is so that each person can find a route out of homelessness, maintain a home and achieve their individual potential.
The Whitechapel Centre’s Early Intervention project aims to identify individuals and families with a housing-related issue and address the problem. They try to do this at an early stage well before the individual or family become homeless and ideally before a significant risk of homelessness arises. They work closely with the council’s Housing Options, Job Centre Plus, Children’s Centres and a range of other services to identify those in need and provide personalised support. This can be in the form of a short intervention or a programme of support.
They are looking for an exceptional support worker who has the energy and commitment to make a real difference. The post-holder will:
- Have a good working knowledge of Housing and Welfare Benefits
- Have at least 2 years experience of working in a homelessness, housing or support setting
- Have experience in discharging individualised resettlement/support plans
- Have experience in providing advice and support to people about benefits maximisation, substance misuse problems, domestic abuse, care and mental health services
- Be highly organised
- Have the confidence to work well in a multi-agency setting
- Be comfortable using their own initiative to make informed and effective decisions.
This service will be delivered by The Whitechapel Centre from alternating venues across the city in partnership with Riverside and Creative Support. Funding is to 31 March 2022 in the first instance.
To read the full job description and person specification, please go to The Whitechapel Centre website.
To apply, you can request an application pack via HumanResources@Whitechapelcentre.co.uk or by ringing 207 8624.
They do not accept CVs without an accompanying application form. This post is subject to an enhanced level check by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this vacancy was published in August 2021 and may have expired since then.Back to blog