Term: Full Time.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, worked on a rolling rota across 7 days.
Salary: National Joint Council (NJC) SCP 11 – 22 (£21,748 – £27,041).
Location: Liverpool City Centre.
The Whitechapel Centre’s mission is to prevent and resolve homelessness, social exclusion and housing poverty by providing practical, realistic and tailored support. This is so that each person can find a route out of homelessness, maintain a home and achieve their individual potential.
The position will be based at a new service providing 24-hour housing support and housing management to single people and couples who are homeless, including EEA Nationals who have limited or no recourse to public funds, who have English as a second language.
They are looking for a candidate with these attributes:
- A background in a related homelessness, housing or support setting, you will have a proven track record of delivering multifaceted services to service users who have a wide range of differing and complex needs
- You must have an energetic and a ‘can do’ attitude
- You will be passionate about delivering positive outcomes for clients, ensuring appropriate move on and working to reduce levels of repeat homelessness in the city via effective multi-agency working
- Ideally, you will have a good working knowledge of at least two Eastern European Languages and English
- Have experience in discharging individualised resettlement/support plans
- Have experience in providing advice and support to people about benefits maximisation, substance misuse problems, domestic abuse, care and mental health services.
For more information, please go to The Whitechapel Centre website.
To apply, you can request an application pack via HumanResources@Whitechapelcentre.co.uk or by ringing 207 8624.
They do not accept CVs without an accompanying application form. This post is subject to an enhanced level check by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Closing date: Monday 30 August 2021.
Please note that this service is likely to be retendered in 2021 or 2022.Back to blog