Salary: £12 per hour.
Hours: 5 hours per week (4 hrs: 2-6 pm on a Friday and 1 hr home working re cals etc) – paid monthly via invoice.
Responsible to: Company Secretary in the first instance and Chair and the board of Trustees.
Responsible for: Activity Club members.
Role Summary: To coordinate and deliver the charity’s community activity programme.
The contract period is 21 January 2022 until 31 March 2023 and is funded by John Moores Foundation.
This is offered under a Contract for Service and the role is classed as self-employed.
Toxteth Town Hall Community Resource Centre is looking for a part-time freelance/self-employed sessional Activity Coordinator. Their current Activity Coordinator is with them until 31/1/22. They are looking for someone to start Mid January to allow for a handover.
- Planning, development, coordination and delivery of the charities own programme of activity and events liaising with the Company Secretary including directly running the Family games Club on-site every Friday after school
- Assist with the marketing of the activity programme to encourage participation and attendance at activities, clubs and events etc
- Befriending calls to club members etc when required e.g. lockdowns
- Attend meetings with the line manager as required
- Collect monitoring data/acquire feedback/input about the charity’s activity programme/clubs and provide to Company Secretary for review
- Undertake your own clerical and administrative responsibilities and tasks with support from reception staff
- Update details for contact lists and club member information and keep registers
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment liaising with the caretakers
- Follow procedures for record-keeping ensuring the security and confidentiality of data
- Any other tasks to ensure the services are delivered effectively.
The post holder will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check and such would need to be satisfactory.
To apply, please email FAO Denise Bernard, both a CV and cover letter detailing your experience in coordinating and running activities for the community and explaining how you can deliver the services listed above. Scores will be awarded against your responses to each point 1 to 9.
Please include details of 2 referees.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday 20 December 2021 at 9 am.
Interviews are to be held on Thursday 23 December in Toxteth Town Hall.
The induction will be on Monday 17 January 2022.
The start date is Friday 21 January.Back to blog