From Tuesday 10 October 2017, 10.30am-1.30pm – Central Library, Room 2, William Brown Street, Liverpool, L3 8EW.
This programme, run by Mersey Youth Support Trust, is aimed at those who are out of work, been made redundant or who have retired early. In order to be eligible for this programme, applicants must be resident in the UK, aged 18 or over, and legally allowed to work in the UK. The course will run for eight weeks, covering a variety of topics.
The programme will run as follows:
- Tuesday 3 October – Taster Session and meet the advisors
- Tuesday 10 October – Can I Afford It? A realistic look at financial considerations
- Tuesday 17 October – Business Basics for the Road to Success
- Tuesday 31 October – Accounts, Accountants and Financial Responsibilities
- Wednesday 8 November – How to Boost Your Business Using Social Media
- Tuesday 14 November – Best Practices in Customer Service
- Wednesday 22 November – Marketing, What Is It and How Do I Do It?
- Thursday 30 November – Networking Hints & Tips Followed by a Live Networking Session
- Tuesday 12 December – Excel and Its Uses for Business
Each unit will offer you the chance to meet other would be entrepreneurs and access our advisors who all have experience in running their own business.
You will also get the opportunity to:
- Explore Self-Employment as an option
- Expand on your business ideas
- Examine your entrepreneurial potential
- Engage in workshops and learning
- Experience one-to-one mentoring – for both self employment and employment
At the end of the programme, you will have all the knowledge and support to take the next step to starting your own business. If you decide during the course that self-employment is not right for you, you will have one-to-one sessions with a mentor to help with your CV, interview skills and job searching.
To secure a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For your first session bring along the following:
- Proof of address
- Evidence of unemployment (i.e. benefits letter, redundancy letter)
If you have any queries, get in touch with John Kelly at MYST on 0797 382 1843.
The programme is funded by the European Social Fund and the Skills Funding Agency.Back to calendar