Friday 10 November 2017, 9.30am-12.30pm – Rathbone Library, Mill Lane.
The aim of this free session is to give participants the opportunity to reflect on their knowledge, skills and experiences in relation to working with diverse communities.We will discuss the following areas:
- How culture influences us
- What it means to be culturally competent
- Rationale for cultural competency
- Barriers to communication
- The importance if being culturally aware
By the end of the session participants will:
- Have a better understanding of what culture means to them
- Be more aware of cultural differences
- Be able use this knowledge to reflect on their service delivery
This free session is open to anyone who works with diverse communities, in particular those in the mental health sector. These sessions are delivered by Afrah Qassim, Community Development Worker, Liverpool Community Development Service. Refreshments will be provided.
To book your place, contact Kemi on 0151 708 7414 or email email@example.com.Back to calendar