Friday 9 March 2018, 1-4pm – Kuumba Imani Millennium Centre, 4 Princes Road, Liverpool, L8 1TH.
The aim of this free training is to give participants the opportunity to reflect on their knowledge, skills and experiences in relation to working with diverse communities. You will discuss the following areas:
- How culture influences us
- What it means to be culturally sensitive
- Rationale for cultural sensitivity/competency
- Barriers to communication
- The importance of being culturally aware
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of what culture means to them
- Be more aware of cultural differences
- Be able use this knowledge to reflect on their service delivery
This session is open to anyone who works with diverse communities, in particular those working in the mental health sector.
To book, contact Liverpool Community Development Service Team on email@example.com or call 0151 708 7414.Back to calendar