Wednesday 1 and Wednesday 8 February 2017, 10am-4pm – Liverpool.
Organised by Merseyside Society For Deaf People, this free two-day training is for voluntary or charitable organisations, based in Liverpool.
Day 1: Deaf Awareness
- Identify differences between deaf and hearing culture
- Describe the correct terminology and definition in relation to deafness
- Lip reading and listening exercise
- Explore main methods of communication
Day 2: Introduction to Sign Language
- Develop confidence in communicating with a deaf person using British Sign Language
- Provide participants with an introduction to British Sign Language
- Finger spelling A-Z names
- Ask for / give names
- Ask for / give personal information
- Introducing yourself, meeting and greeting others
To receive your booking form and to confirm your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 230 5098. If you would like to join this training and do not fit the above criteria, there are limited places at reduced rate of £40 per day.
Back to calendar