From Tuesday 14 March 2017, 10am-4pm – St. Vincent’s School for the Blind, Yew Tree Lane, West Derby, Liverpool, L12 9HN
This two-day training is free for voluntary and charitable groups.
Tuesday 14 March 2017, 10am-4pm
- Identify the differences between deaf and hearing culture.
- Describe the correct terminology in relation to deafness.
- Explore methods of communication
- The impact of sound: how deafness affects people
- Communication methods
Tuesday 21 March 2017, 10am-4pm
Introduction to BSL
- Demonstrate the use of fingerspelling
- Use the appropriate signs and numbers for a basic conversation in sign language
- Improve confidence in communicating with a deaf person
- Fingerspelling A-Z, names
- Asking for / giving names
- Asking for / giving personal information
- Introducing yourself, meeting and greeting others
For more information and to book a place, call the training team on 0151 230 5098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.Back to calendar