Tuesday 30 January 2018, 9am-2pm – Kuumba Imani Millennium Centre, 4 Princes Road, Liverpool, L8 1TH.
United Response provides a range of support services for adults and young people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs or physical disabilities. Its Journey to Employment project looks to improve disability awareness within businesses in the hope that they will be better informed as to how to employ and support people with disabilities or mental health needs.
This free training to businesses is an introduction to disability confidence at work, and covers the following:
- Who is United Response and it is delivering this session
- What is Disability Confident
- The Equality Act
- Managing disability and health at work
- What it means to be disabled
- What are ‘Reasonable Adjustments’
- Introduction to Access to Work
- Support available via Job Centres
- DWP Disability Confident Scheme
- Other ways you can support
This course can also be delivered at your workplace. For further information, contact Andrea Edwards, Supported Employment Manager, on 07990 138999, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to calendar