Tuesday 21 November 2017, 10am-1pm – Kuumba Imani Millennium Centre, 4 Princes Road, Liverpool L8 1TH.
United Response provides a range of support services for adults and young people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs or physical disabilities. One of its current projects, Journey to Employment (J2E), looks to improve disability awareness within businesses in the hope that they will be better informed as to how to employ and support people with disabilities or mental health needs.
This free training is for businesses in Chester, Salford and Merseyside.
The training will cover the following:
- Who are United Response and the J2E Project
- What is Disability Confident
- The Equality Act
- Managing disability and health at work
- What it means to be disabled; personal stories from our J2E Ambassadors, Assistants and us!
- What are ‘Reasonable Adjustments’
- An introduction to Access to Work
- Introduction to the DWP Disability Confidence Scheme
- What support is available at your local Job Centre
- Other ways you can support customers