Wednesday 19 August 2020, 10am – 4pm, LCVS, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool L2 2AH
Finance Skills - Postponed
We understand the unique challenges faced by those in voluntary sector finance roles. We know that many people are learning as they go. This session will arm you with the knowledge to approach your role with renewed confidence.
In addition to an increased knowledge of the specific requirements and legalities, you will receive a practical introduction to record keeping, production of accounts for internal and external purposes and the budgeting techniques required for organisational use, as well as in preparation of funding bids. You will also have the opportunity to talk to other people in finance roles, as well as your trainer - an experienced accountant who specialises in the sector.
During this session you will learn about:
- what records need to be kept
- maintaining simple books of account
- producing accounts using figures and information from the books and records
- complying with relevant legislation and different legal formats of accounts
- independent examination or audit – reasons and processes
- ‘thorny’ issues, such as grants vs contracts, capital vs revenue, reserves, and funds – getting it right!
- practical tools and techniques for producing budgets and cash flow forecasts
Gain a complete overview of all areas relating to the internal finance function of your organisation. Pick up practical tips and techniques that you can apply, whatever your level of experience.
151 Dale Street
Event terms and conditions