A well-run board sets the agenda and ensures that an organisation is on-track, supporting staff and volunteers to achieve great things. On the other hand, a poorly running board can lead to paralysis, with staff not supported or accountable, finances not managed and the organisation becoming non-compliant with regulatory standards. This can all lead to high staff turnover, service users leaving, financial problems and possible closure,
This course will help delegates to understand how to get the best from the board, providing tools and techniques to help board members work together, oversee projects, hold staff to account and keep the organisation on track.
This course will allow delegates to:
- Identify and fill skills gaps on the board
- Manage disputes at board level
- Set and oversee strategy and delivery
- Understand how and when to delegate to staff and what to keep at trustee level
- Get trustees working as a team
This course is perfect for both trustees/directors/committee members and the staff that work with them.
151 Dale Street
Event terms and conditions