Wednesday 21 June 2017, 9.30am-12.30pm – Lowlands, 13 Haymans Green, West Derby, Liverpool, L12 7JG.
The aim of this half-day session is to present an overview of learning disability. This course is designed for all staff working within the social care sector. On completion of the training, staff will have a greater understanding of the range of learning disabilities.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Explore the current definitions of learning disabilities
- Understand the factors that cause learning disabilities
- Examine the types of learning disabilities
- Understand the diagnosis of these conditions
- Examine the legislative requirements which apply to the support of those who live with a disability
- Communication and person centred thinking in supporting service users who live with a learning disability
- Examine ways to reduce challenging behaviour
- Explore behavioural techniques to reinforce positive behaviour
Cost: Free to LSCP members (fully subscribed 2017), £16.50 to non-members
To reserve a place on this training, call 0151 270 1703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to calendar