Wednesday 26 April 2017, 10am-4pm – Liverpool.
Do you work with clients who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans (LGBT) in Liverpool or Merseyside?
Citizens Advice North Liverpool has received Community Impact funding through LCVS to deliver training to frontline staff (paid workers and volunteers) working with LGBT clients. Research indicates that LGBT people experience a range of issues that mean that they are at risk of experiencing poverty, debt and money management issues. This training aims to equip frontline staff working with LGBT staff with knowledge, information and skills to support LGBT clients experiencing financial issues.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Understand the main issues relating to LGBT poverty and finances (from national research and local LGBT surveys)
- Support clients to access local Citizens Advice and other services
- Understand own attitudes to money
- Assist clients with basic budgeting issues
- Identify priority and non-priority debt and related issues
- Access free Citizens Advice resources
- Identify further actions (including training, potential funding & support networks)
The session is free of charge. It would be helpful if participants bring a wifi-enabled tablet or laptop. Tea, coffee and a sandwich lunch will be provided.
To book a place, contact Joe Lavelle at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 10 April 2017.
In the event that places are oversubscribed, priority will be given to staff working in LGBT organisations and services or those work in mainstream organisations with a predominantly LGBT remit. The course will be repeated if there is enough demand.Back to calendar