Saturday 21 October 2017, 9.30am-4.30pm – MPAC, 1-27 Bridport Street, Liverpool, L3 5QF.
This masterclass is suitable for artists, arts managers at all stages in their careers interested in learning anew or refreshing their thinking around arts and change. It will cover all aspects of managing social impact arts projects: from conception, through delivery to evaluation.
By the end of the day participants will have:
- Enhanced understanding of liberal and radical perspectives on change and the ethics involved
- Enhanced understanding of the potential social impacts to be derived from a high-quality participatory arts process
- Strategies for engaging those who are ‘difficult to reach’ in creative processes
- Clear understanding of how to embed a change agenda throughout the project cycle
- Tools for measuring and evaluating social impact
- Strategies for advocating on behalf of the work, and connecting into wider social policy objectives