Hosted by YMCA Liverpool | Friday 12, 19 and 26 February 2021 | online
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid.
This online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
This course covers:
Mental Health First Aid, mental health, depression and suicidal crisis. Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self harm, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Research and evaluation shows that taking part if a Mental Health First Aid course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
£169.99 per person (recommended price is £300)
This is a virtual course and learning takes place through four live training sessions, spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate and FREE resources including the Adult Mental Health First Aid Manual, workbook and z card – to keep and refer to whenever you need them.
To book contact:
Emma Carruthers on 0151 600 3530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to calendar