Tuesday 8 and Thursday 10 May 2018 – Futures Training Suite, YMCA Liverpool, 15 Leeds Street, Liverpool, L3 6HU.
Mental Health First Aid is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid. The training provides skills and confidence to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues, and effectively guide a person towards the right support.
This two-day course covers:
- Day 1: Mental Health First Aid, mental health, depression and suicidal crisis
- Day 2: Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in a Mental Health First Aid course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Cost: £169.99 per person (recommended price is £300)
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate and Adult Mental Health First Aid Manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
Refreshments are provided.
For more information and to book your place, contact Learning & Development Officer Emma Carruthers on 0151 600 3530 or email Emma.Carruthers@liverpoolymca.org.uk.
If you would like an introductory course designed to increase mental health awareness, Liverpool YMCA also delivers a half-day course on Adult Mental Health First Aid. Contact details as above for prices and availability.Back to calendar