Wednesday 15 April 2020, 10am-4pm, LCVS, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool L2 2AH
Safeguarding: Awareness - Postponed
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 emergency, all LCVS training and events scheduled to take place before the end of April have now been postponed. We are currently exploring alternative training delivery methods. We will continue to monitor the situation and issue regular updates.
About this training
Delivered by experienced practitioners from Liverpool Social Care Partnership CIC, this training is designed to provide delegates with a basic awareness of safeguarding and the actions they should take if they have cause for concern.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- understand safeguarding in the context of the legal framework and local systems for safeguarding vulnerable people
- define adult and child abuse
- understand the different categories of abuse and how to recognise them
- recognise some signs, indicators and symptoms of abuse
- discuss why abuse is sometimes not reported
- examine the do’s and don’ts of responding to disclosures
- understand their responsibilities relating to reporting
- demonstrate an increased awareness of what action to take if there is cause for concern
- understand the issues around recording and sharing information
- clarify the importance of operating within an arena of safety and adhering to relevant safeguarding policies and procedures
- know where they can access additional support and information
Protect yourself, your service users and your organisation by gaining a good knowledge of safeguarding in action. This training is a ‘must’ for front line staff.
Please note: this training is best suited to those working directly with vulnerable adults or children, or those who wish to know more about this type of work. If you want information on how to write a safeguarding policy, please click here to visit our alternative course on writing a policy for your organisation.
151 Dale Street
Event terms and conditions