Hosted by Sahir House | 10 am – 12 pm| Various dates | Online on Zoom
Sahir House is currently offering a training course that will enable you to improve your confidence, skills and understanding when supporting LGBTQI+ asylum seekers, refugees and migrants.
Sahir House has built on their experience and feedback and also provide a safe space for those seeking asylum (regardless of their HIV status) who identify as LGBTQI+. They have been supporting people seeking asylum and refugees living with HIV for many years.
The dates available for the training course are:
- Wednesday 3 November 2021
- Wednesday 8 December 2021
- Wednesday 2 February 2022.
The 2-hour interactive course will:
- Reduce associated stigma by increasing our understanding of the context of why LGBTQI+ people may seek asylum
- Learn from those with lived experience / who attend Many Hands One Heart support group (LGBTQI+ asylum peer support)
- Provide up to date information and resources to build on skills and better equip their services
- Respond with confidence to LGBTQI+ refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in Liverpool
- Explore language and meaning relating to the LGBTQI+ community
- Share best practice to promote inclusion.
Places on each course are limited due to the online interactive nature. Sahir House encourages as many Liverpool organisations to attend who are working with asylum/refugee communities. Certificate of attendance and handouts are provided.
For a booking form, please visit the Sahir House website.Back to calendar