Tuesday 7 July 2020, 10am-1pm, LCVS, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool L2 2AH
Volunteers and the Law
If you have policy or procedural responsibility for volunteers, this session could be invaluable. It is also ideal for anyone developing or managing volunteer programmes, whether they are new in post, or want opportunity to study and reflect on current standards.
It provides a better understanding of:
- the legal difference between employees and volunteers
- what safeguarding requirements need to be in place
- the legal requirements that individuals need to meet, in order to volunteer for your organisation
- what should you consider in terms of agreements, contracts and honorary contracts
- how equalities legislation impacts on volunteering
- how new legislation could affect your existing and future volunteers
- how to feel confident about managing volunteers’ data, in line with data protection legislation (including GDPR), and ensure that your volunteers understand their responsibilities with regard to this
Learn how best to fulfil your duty of care, reduce risk to your organisation and fully comply with the law, so that you can confidently build better relationships with your volunteers.
151 Dale Street
|Charity/voluntary sector||£ 55.00|
|Private/public sector||£ 80.00|
Event terms and conditions