Term: Fixed-Term, 3 years (potential for extension).
Hours: Part Time – to be negotiated.
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 (pro rata).
Location: Sefton Park, Liverpool.
‘I Choose’ is a new initiative from Transforming Choice and partly funded by The National Lottery Community Fund. It is a holistic programme of activity that aims to build resilience, self-determination, friendships and connection amongst people who are overcoming addictions to alcohol and other substances. It is fully inclusive and has been designed and led by its participants.
- Provide person-centred, one to one mental and emotional support
- Encourage participants to develop personal goals
- Facilitate some group sessions
- Enable participants to design and develop activities for ‘I Choose’.
Transforming Choice is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a belief in people and a passion for doing the right thing. Experience in the drug and alcohol sector is not required, although an understanding of some of the challenges faced by people in these circumstances is desired.
The successful candidate will use a variety of software on a daily basis such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Some data entry and collection on the National Drug Treatment and Monitoring Service (NDTMS) will be required, full training will be provided. Other duties will include although are not limited to:
- Inputting daily notes and data onto their in-house system (full training provided)
- Covering staff sickness or absence when required.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 12 pm on 30 August 2021.
This post is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund.Back to blog