YMCA Liverpool is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. Founded in 1846, the charity builds on a long history of providing a place for people to find acceptance, community and activity. Services are provided across the YMCA work streams of accommodation, family work, health and wellbeing and training and education.
The mission is to inspire and support people by:
- Promoting choice and independence
- Valuing the individual
- Maximising potential
- Instilling hope
The charity has two vacancies on its Board of Trustees. The current Board is made up of ten highly skilled, committed and experienced individuals. Two particular vacancies have been identified within the Board; one for a Trustee with responsibility for the Audit Committee and a Trustee with responsibility for Service User Engagement at a governance level and whom ideally has lived experience of homelessness, mental health, problematic substance use or domestic abuse.
The successful candidates will be:
- Motivated and passionate about supporting excluded people to make positive changes.
- Able to communicate with a range of audiences and be open, adaptive and positive in your communication style.
- Able to attend bi-monthly Board Meetings, one away day per year and key events throughout the year
- Able to act as a spokesperson for the charity
- Able to support the Senior Leadership Team and Board to develop a deliver a strong strategic plan
- Able to work within the Christian values of the organisation
If you are interested in a role on the Board of Trustees, send a CV and one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Ellie McNeil, Chief Executive, 15 Leeds Street, Liverpool, L3 6HU.
For an informal chat about this position, contact Ellie McNeil, Chief Executive, on 0151 600 3530.
Closing date: Monday 30 October 1917, 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 8 November 2017Back to blog