Sanctuary Housing is awarding grants for projects that benefit their residents and their wider community. In Liverpool, the organisation will fund community projects within the Sefton Park and Wavertree Playground areas.
Grand Ideas Fund
The main funding stream is the Grand Ideas Fund providing funding of up to £1,000. More can be awarded for exceptional projects, depending on the need for the project, the amount of beneficiaries and the impact that the project will make.
Successful projects will meet at least one of these themes:
- Employment, education, skills and training
- Health and wellbeing
- Community safety and infrastructure
- Financial inclusion
Projects must be delivered before 31 March 2018.
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2018
Financial Inclusion Fund
Grants of up to £5,000 are also available for financial inclusion projects that:
- Deliver a financial inclusion project targeted at Sanctuary residents in Sefton Park and Wavertree Playground areas
- Offer a mixed approach of activities rather than just assessing residents for benefit entitlement. Applications should consider how residents can make more money, access affordable credit and manage their money better
- Consider how to approach and engage residents, e.g. through outreach work in local centres and existing partnerships with referral agencies
Applications in partnership with other agencies are encouraged.
Funding cannot be used to pay for a fixed salaried worker but can contribute towards sessional delivery and material costs. Any funding should be used to fund activity which is over and above what is currently being delivered by the partner organisation.
Successful applicants will be provided with a named Sanctuary contact and will have regular monthly project discussions. A full evaluation report should be provided at the end of the project.
Projects must be delivered between November 2017 and 31 March 2018. There may be the opportunity to apply for additional funding post 1 April 2018, subject to budgets.
Closing date: Friday 29 September 2017
You can use this application form to apply for either fund.
For more information, call 01905 335 411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to blog