Only approximately 1% of women affected by gambling harms seek help through the National Gambling Helpline and GameCare wants to change this.
GamCare is the leading national provider of free information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling. From 2014/15 to 2018/19 the organisation saw a 35% increase in calls from women seeking gambling support for themselves as a gambler, or as a person impacted by someone else’s gambling.
The GameCare Women’s Programme is now offering a webinar to ensure agencies and professionals feel confident in identifying and referring women for appropriate support. The session is aimed at groups and agencies in the North West of England.
This 1 hour 45 minute webinar will help you:
- Learn about the risks, causes and impacts of problem gambling
- Understand the issues specific to women that can create barriers to support and treatment
- Gain vital knowledge about referral pathways for local support and treatment
Feedback: “Loved it. Wish I had made it mandatory for all staff”, Women’s Centre Manager
This session will be held by:
Nadine Ashworth, Women’s Programme Outreach Officer North West
A certificate of attendance and follow up links will be sent after the event.
Available dates include:
- Thursday 25 June 1:00pm to 2:45pm
- Friday 10 July 10:00am to 11:45am FULL
- Monday 13 July 1:30pm to 3:15pm
- Wednesday 22 July 1:00pm to 2:45pm
- Tuesday 28 July 1:00pm to 2:45pm
- Thursday 30 July 1:00pm to 2:45pm