Are you a woman? Do you live in Liverpool? Would you like to become a peacebuilder in your community?
Women play a vital role in society so we believe that women’s participation is critical if lasting peace is to prevail. Women for Peace is an interactive leadership programme for women exploring conflict and extremism at a local, national and international level.
This course, run by the Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation, will run in Autumn/Winter 2017 in Liverpool. The course is free to attend, and participants will receive a Level 2 Open Awards Foundation for Peace Accreditation on completion of the course.
You will gain:
- Enhanced skills in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Increased understanding to respond to local issues and participate in social action
- Strengthened capacity to be an active peacebuilder
The course will cover the following topics:
- Critical thinking skills
- Self-awareness and identity
- Conflict resolution skills
- Understanding extremism
- Confidence and ability to share opinions and experiences
Structure Women for Peace will consist of 10 sessions in Liverpool, once a week for 3 hours. A meal will be provided at each session, and a crèche if required.
To find out more, contact Hannah Larn at the Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07572 975949.Back to blog