Are you looking for a short term volunteering opportunity for your workforce?
The School Games is a national scheme spearheaded by the Youth Sport Trust and funded by Sport England. It is delivered at a county level in Merseyside by Merseyside Sports Partnership, in association with a team of School Games organisers.
It gives the ‘best of the best’ of Merseyside’s young sporting talent a chance to compete in a top quality event. Character building values at the heart of the games sets them up to be well-rounded children both on and off the playing field.
Adult volunteers are sought to help out across two dates in July to help make this a memorable event for the attending children:
- Wednesday 5 July 2017 at Wavertree Sports Park for setting up ahead of the multi-sport event day
- Thursday 6 July 2017 Wavertree Sports Park for the main multi-sport event day, where the children attend
Ideally, you would commit a half or full day, but even if you can only give a couple of hours please get in touch.
There are various roles you can play on the day and you will be matched to one that suits you best. You could be:
- Greeting competitors
- Directing people around the site
- Assisting sports organisers in the smooth running of their sport
- Helping with taster sport activity
- Helping to provide teas and coffees for other volunteers
- Helping with site set up and pack down
Volunteer lunch will be provided and reasonable travel expenses paid. You will also get a School Games Volunteer T-shirt. Training events will be held in the two weeks prior to the event for those that can attend. If you are unable to attend, briefings will also be offered via email and phone.
If you are interested, email Teri Wainwright at email@example.com with ‘School Games Volunteering’ in the subject line. Please state your preferred date(s)/time(s) to volunteer plus your email address and phone number.Back to blog