Saturday 1 December is the 30th Anniversary of the first World AIDS Day. Please click to view World AIDS Day information on how to support and get involved. There is a BSL signer at the vigil.
The UK Quilts Project – Sahir House Celebrates 30 years of World AIDS Day
The UK AIDS Memorial Quilt is a precious artefact commemorating lives lost to the AIDS epidemic during the 1980s and 90s. It is a public naming of loved ones lost, and a memorial for the many who died and went unnamed too. The UK Quilt is part of an international movement that sought to raise awareness of the impact of the AIDS epidemic and ensure that these lives would never be forgotten. For the first time since 1992, a selection of the quilts are on public display in venues across Liverpool for this year’s 30th World AIDS Day. If you would like to know more visit www.aidsquiltuk.org tweet #AIDSQuiltUK or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HIV Awareness and Stigma Reduction Staff Training for those working/based in Liverpool
- Need up to date facts when talking about risk behaviour with your client group?
- Do you work with vulnerable groups who may be at risk of HIV?
- Need to know where to sign post people for HIV testing in Liverpool?
- Did you know Liverpool is classed a HIV high prevalence area?
- Need more support when clients disclose their HIV status and how best to maintain their confidentiality and GDPR requirements?
Kindly sponsored by Liverpool Public Health (FREE to those working and based in Liverpool)
- Are you up to date with the progress of life saving HIV medication and what an undetectable viral load means?
- Need new ideas on promoting HIV awareness, testing and local HIV support amongst your client group?
- Do you feel clear on the differences and definitions of HIV and AIDS?
- Is HIV and sexual health included in your policies and procedures such as assessments, reviews, equal opportunities policy?
- Want to hear from those with lived experience to further understand HIV?
2018 – 2019 course dates, dates, time and venue:
Thursday 14 February 2019 9.30am – 4.30pm Liverpool CVS Conference Rooms, Dale Street.
Who this course is ideal for: health care professionals, clinical, public, voluntary, statutory and private/business sectors. We welcome staff from all areas of the workplace including operational, administrative and managerial. Ideal for staff CPD. Certificate of attendance, handout packs and resources issued. Cancellation and charges policy applies. Booking essential.
Sahir House: email@example.com, 151Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH. 0151 237 3989.
You can get a free and confidential HIV blood test at Sexual Health Liverpool – www.sexualhealthliverpool.co.ukBack to blog