In these unprecedented times Writing on the Wall (W0W) is proud to present a brand new digital programme – WoWFest20: Lockdown. Writing and literature has an important part to play in these trying times and now, more than ever, the significance of how we create and connect is being challenged.
WoWFest: Lockdown brings you an inspiring and passionate collection of artists to help us all through, and to galvanise us towards reshaping the ‘new normal’.
- acclaimed writer and scholar Noam Chomsky
- Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh
- renowned theatre-critic Lyn Gardner
- acclaimed editor and writer Nikesh Shukla
- multi-award-winning short story writer AL Kennedy
- comedian Francesca Martinez
- writer and philosopher Raoul Martinez
- journalist Maya Goodfellow
- Muslim Drag Queen’s Glamrou and Asifa Lahore
- activist and psychiatrist Dr. Mona Kamal
WoWFest is also a showcase for the best of Liverpool talent, with:
- La Violette Società Light Night spoken word performances
- a specially curated Lockdown playlist from Roger Hill
- a life-writing workshop with author Tony Wailey
- a screening of The Football Men documentary, with panel discussion from Lizzi Doyle from the Anfield Wrap, author Emy Onuora, and journalist Brian Reade with spoken word responses from Amina Atiq and Ash Nugent
WoW has played a critical role, as one of the longest running writing and literary organisations in the country, in bringing the best of culture from across the country and internationally to audiences throughout the Liverpool City Region.
For a full festival lineup, visit the WoWFest website.Back to blog