Posts available: 6-7.
Hours per week: 38.6 hours – Rota.
Location: Various locations/services provided by the YMCA.
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. They were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people to find acceptance, community and activity. They provide services across the YMCA work streams of accommodation, family work, health and wellbeing and training and education.
Their accommodation offer is made up of: supported accommodation for people experiencing homelessness; intensive support for individuals with complex needs; move on accommodation for individuals closer to independence; specialist service for individuals with mental ill health and a young offenders service.
The offer around family work includes: An Early Years Foundation Stage nursery in Southport; 2 x Liverpool based refuges for women and children fleeing or at risk from domestic abuse.
Their work around health and wellbeing includes a large leisure centre in Southport and targeted health interventions.
Within the training and education workstream, they deliver therapeutic horticulture, animal care and low impact sports at our Dutch Farm project based in South Liverpool.
Their Mission is to inspire and support people by:
- promoting choice and independence
- valuing the individual
- maximising potential
- instilling hope
Main Purpose of Job
To assist in the provision of effective, high quality support services to vulnerable, homeless adults with the aim of promoting independent living. To assist residents to engage with support activities such as; key working sessions, group work sessions, resident meetings and other activities that promote development.
- To work as part of the Night Support Team
- To provide an accommodation based support service to people within a psychologically informed environment that is underpinned with a Trauma Informed Care approach on waking night shifts
- Assist with room checks and support residents in the management of their room and relationships with others and to report any health and safety issues
- Assist the Support Worker with new resident welcome as required into the service and with conducting risk assessments of residents
- Motivate and support residents so they realise their goals
- Encourage involvement and participation amongst residents in the running and shaping of the service
- To conduct Mainstay assessments
- To maintain and update residents electronic records and rent payments on AMIS Housing Management System
- Provide clear and accurate information in respect of all residents in line with agreed procedures such as daily handovers ensuring that appropriate information is communicated with the team
For more information, please visit the YMCA Together website. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this was first published in January 2022 and may have expired since then.Back to blog