Posts available: 1.
Contract: Maternity cover – fixed term for 12 months.
Salary: £25,177 per annum.
Hours per week: 37.5 hours.
Location: Balliol Road, L20.
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. They were founded in 1846 and they are built on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value-driven organisation.
Their vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. They meet their vision by working within their values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that they do from recruitment to how they work alongside people in their services to their partnership approach with other providers.
Their clear vision and values come together to help them in their mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
To provide stepped up, crisis care to people to prevent an initial hospital admission. YMCA Together are able to adapt and flex their current provision to enable a safe and therapeutically beneficial environment to support service users in crisis.
They provide crisis accommodation (stepped-up care) & delayed discharge accommodation (stepped-down care) within Stepping Stones and Drop In provision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work as part of the daytime Support Team
- To provide an accommodation based support service to people in a period of crisis within a psychologically informed environment that is underpinned with a Trauma Informed Care approach
- To recognise that all people who access the service will be in a period of mental health crisis and will need a considered and planned response
- To ensure each service user will receive personalised support taking into account their identified risks and personal needs
- To provide a high level of therapeutic support to individuals in mental health crisis & professionally diagnosed complexities of needs
- To provide a safe, welcoming environment with excellent standards and an ethos of service delivery that encourages all service users to engage with support on offer
- To facilitate access to service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- To respond to emergency referrals and/or situations
- To offer a safe space with a temporary 7 day stay of crisis support whilst alternative arrangements for support & safe return to own accommodation are put in place
- To Support service users transitioning from Hospital Wards to achieve their goals and targets as defined/ agreed within the projects Multiple Needs Assessment Tool & Framework
- To safely facilitate a return to the home for clients accepted into the crisis accommodation-based support
- To implement practical, feasible &effective resettlement planning & support for clients accessing the delayed discharge accommodation-based service.
To read the full job description and to apply, please go to the YMCA Together website.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.