Opening Monday 1 October 2018
Closing date Friday 19 October 2018 12.00 noon
In its sixth successful year, and having funded over 200 grass roots organisations, Liverpool City Council and the Passionist Order who work in partnership to support the communities are opening the above grant funding programme. The grant fund is for grass root community groups with projects that benefit people in the Princes Park, Riverside and Picton wards. The Fund was set up in the memory of Austin Smith a Passionist priest and community activist who dedicated his time to serving the local community and was the founding father of the L 8 Law Centre who have also worked in the partnership. Father Austin died in March 2011 leaving a legacy to be proud of.
What is the amount of grant available? You will be able to apply for a grant up to £350 per organisation.
Who can apply? Small not for profit community groups whose beneficiaries will be predominantly from in and around Prince Park, Picton and Riverside. Previous grant applicants can apply however precedence will be given to new applications.
What you will need to apply. (We can help you set up any of the following documents to be eligible for the grant)
- a governing document
- a bank account in the name of the organisation with 2 unrelated cheque signatories (do not send details in with application)
What the grants are to be used for?
- help start new small projects and activities
- youth activities/projects
- contribute towards the running of an event, festival or other special occasion which will promote community involvement
- groups who deliver intergenerational activities especially those which may reduce isolation
- projects that will develop stronger communities – people working together to tackle issues in their neighbourhood
- projects that have long lasting benefits
Small grants will not be awarded for:
- applications from individuals
- staff salaries & management costs
- purchase of vehicles/IT equipment
- general appeals/fundraising/overseas travel
- schools/registered social landlords
- purchase or consumption of alcohol
Please e-mail your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need any further information please contact 0151 233 7020 or e-mail email@example.com.Back to blog