Posts available: 1 x Youth Worker/Leader in Charge.
Contract Length: Fixed 6/12 months. (Applicants preferably should be residents in Merseyside during this period).
Term: Full Time.
Salary: £20,000.00 – £25,000.00 per annum.
The Bronte Youth and Community Centre is situated close to the city centre, within the St Andrews area of Liverpool. It was established over forty years ago and has delivered all aspects of youth and playwork to children and young people whilst initiating support programmes and opportunities for the local community.
- The work will include direct contact with children and young people through evening sessions and the occasional weekends as and when required, together with engagement and activities with the local community
- You will manage and support a small staff team of paid and voluntary workers
- You will oversee the day-to-day running and administration of the Centre including finance/inventory recordings, reports (written/verbal – as requested by the Trustees). As well as completing funding applications and identifying other sources of support streams that will benefit and enhance their youth work programme and towards the annual running costs of the centre.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a positive attitude
- Have a confident personality
- Have a flexible/adaptable approach to work
- Have qualifications connected to youth work
- Have funding skills regarding grant/bid applications, reports etc.
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire young people and children to develop personal skills that will help them to broaden their horizons, improve their life chances, have fun and make a positive contribution within their own, and wider communities
- Be able to create a rapport and develop professional relationships with children and young people, the local community, and all relevant partners and stakeholders.
These details are not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive – the details are issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
The successful candidate must be able to start work within one month of appointment.
If you have the experience, skills and knowledge required, please complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 13 September 2021.
Expected start date: October/November 2021.Back to blog