Department: Charity Services.
Salary: £28K FTE (14 hours per week).
Accountable to: Director of Finance & Resources.
Staff Responsible for: None.
Main working contacts: LCVS Finance Manager, Charity Services customers, and grant applicants, related governance committees, legal, investment and financial advisors.
Main Purpose of Post:
- To be the main point of contact with donors and maintain and develop their relationship with LCVS.
- To co-ordinate Trust management and support grants administration service.
- To ensure that the risk and compliance requirements relating to Charity Services clients and the subsidiary payroll giving service are operated.
- To develop products and services to meet the customer service requirements and aspirations.
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining the client administration systems for charitable trusts, client accounts and payroll giving.
- Providing timely and accurate information to customers and trustees and ensuring legal and accounting compliance subject to scrutiny by the Finance Manager / Director of Finance and Resources.
- Promoting prompt and efficient customer service through a range of communication channels to ensure efficient and accurate responses and to consolidate good practice through an effective quality control system.
- Structuring services to meet the individual requirements of major clients.
- Providing specialist charitable giving and grant making advice to donors.
- Co-ordinating and supporting the Trust management service including servicing and attending Trust meetings.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate information and publicity for marketing Services
Risk and Compliance
- Maintaining knowledge on developments relating to charity, tax and trust law and to advise colleagues and Trustees on the impact these may have on Services.
- Working with the Finance Manager to implement changes to working practices to conform to changes in legislation, regulation and guidance.
- Working with the Finance Manager and Director of Finance and Resources to implement and operate risk management and compliance procedures.
- To work as part of the team with other staff at LCVS.
- To implement and follow LCVS policies and procedures.
- To maintain accurate records of in the various media specified for your areas of responsibility.
- To undertake any training necessary and participate in the organisation’s supervision and appraisal system, and identify further training and personal development needs.
- To represent LCVS and undertake other tasks in support of the organisation as required by your line manager.
- The post holder is expected to be flexible in the performance of duties and to undertake any other duties identified as appropriate to the post.
LCVS is committed to equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive policy and practice. No one we have contact with may be discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, religion, cultural group, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or impairment. The policies apply to job applicants, employees, volunteers, users and beneficiaries of our services.
All jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake and represents a range of responsibilities commensurate with the grade for the post.
To view the Person Specification, please click here.
For more information and to apply, please contact Graham Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.