The Prince’s Trust Development Awards (DAs) helps young people (aged 16 to 30-years-old) overcome financial barriers that may prevent them from accessing education, training or employment.
A typical award is usually around £150, but it can range from as little as £40 for a bus pass to around £200 for tech to take part in a college or training course. The young person doesn’t have to be on a Prince’s Trust programme to access a DA and each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Examples of DAs the Prince’s Trust can fund include:
- Tools or equipment for a job or qualification e.g. hairdressing, a beauty kit, carpentry tools, chef’s whites.
- Course fees, up to level 3 qualification (or a contribution towards this).
- Interview clothes, PPE, clothing for work.
- Transport to a new job until the first salary payment arrives.
- Identity papers, such as a birth certificate or provisional Driving Licence, or a DBS check for a new job.
- Technology, such as a tablet or laptop, to aid study and remote learning.
For more information contact the Prince’s Trust via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, text DA to 07483300134 or call them on 07483300134.Back to blog