Salary: £22000 – £23340
This role is a full time permanent position, working hours 09.00-17.00 Monday to Friday.
Post funded by Big Lottery
Due to the growth in the business we are looking to recruit a full time counsellor, who has a recognised counselling qualification to be confident in delivering one to one and group therapies. To be comfortable working to a time limited framework whilst adhering to the BACP code of ethics and practice. You will assist the team in their objectives of providing in the moment therapeutic support, and perform any other duties required.
- To provide face to face counselling and participate in the provision of the counselling service.
- To facilitate group therapies as well as one to one therapies
- To undertake assessments
- To contribute to the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the counselling service
- To ensure the counselling provided is delivered to a high standard in accordance with BACP’s ethical framework for good practice and under appropriate supervision
- Provide support to the team
- Work in accordance with Steps to Freedom’s policies & procedures
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or degree in person-centred counselling
- BACP accredited
- Extensive post – qualification experience in counselling provision
- An awareness and understanding of sexual violence/abuse and its impact
- Commitment to learning & self-development/awareness
- Work strictly to all Confidentiality & Data Protection policies and procedure
- Basic computer skills