This is a voluntary role.
Posts available: 1.
Location: West Derby.
Merseyside Society for Deaf People (MSDP) was established in 1864 to address the many barriers and inequalities experienced by Deaf people. The charity seeks to help Deaf people to achieve a full, active and influencing role in mainstream society. The charity’s objectives have since widened and now also includes people who are Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing.
They are now looking for a new trustee.
As a Trustee, you will be expected to:
- Act in the Charity’s best interest
- Manage the Charity’s resources responsibly
- Deal with conflicts of interest
- Implement appropriate financial controls
- Manage risk
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Attend regular board meetings
- Help formulate strategic, business and corporate partnership plans
- Guide and consult on matters of strategy, governance and finance
- Ensure annual reviews and reports are processed on time
- Ongoing assessment of the charity’s legal integrity
- Become an active ambassador of Merseyside Society for Deaf People
- Promoting the charity’s work and reputation amongst contacts
- Seek to secure financial support for the charity i.e. corporate partnerships, high profile donors.
To read the full job description and to apply, please go to the MSDP website.
Contact Details: Karen Devlin – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0151 228 0888.